Thursday, June 09, 2011

Found on My Facebook Page


We talk about ducks here on Shrink Rap, but in my 'real' life, I like giraffes. I was very excited when today's American Journal of Psychiatry arrived in the mail and there were two giraffes on the cover! And if that wasn't wonderful enough, Henry put the cover up on my Facebook page with the cover of Shrink Rap in the background and mama giraffe saying to baby giraffe, " Because I'm your mother, no playtime until you finish reading!" How'd he do that? Well, I liked it, so I thought I would share it with you.

If you didn't catch it, our book was reviewed in The Johns Hopkins Magazine by Kristen Intlekopher. Three authors couldn't ask for a better review, so please do read it! You'll need to scroll past oysters, cell phone radiation, and political order, but this review made my day.

Someone asked if I would friend Jesus if he were on Facebook. I can't imagine I would ask to be his friend and I'm not sure what I would do if Jesus sent me a Friend request. Who thinks of these questions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google the Jesus/Facebook friend request and you will see that the question has been asked over and over and over. You will also see by looking for Jesus on Fbook that he pops up everywhere. He is very famous, a superstar even.

Sunny CA said...

Congratulations on the favorable Johns Hopkins Magazine review. I have 1 week more to finish my first full year of teaching and then I am going to download and read your book. I can't wait.

Cute cover customizing.

Sarebear said...

Great review! I've been a little intimidated to write mine but I'll get over it and do it.

I love how your friend customized the cover of that journal for you.

I'm a dolphin nut like you're a giraffe nut.

Anonymous said...

Are you saying--for the record--that if Jesus sent you a friend request on facebook you would probably decide to ignore his request?

Anonymous said...

If Jesus sent me a Friend request for Facebook I would likely start taking my Zyprexa.

Anonymous said...

"If Jesus sent me a Friend request for Facebook I would likely start taking my Zyprexa."

That was funny, other anon. Thanks for a good laugh.