Saturday, November 05, 2011

Come Meet the Shrink Rappers at the Ivy Book Shop on Friday, November 11

JHU Press Night at the Ivy Book Shop on November 11

Home_Front_Baltimore Meet some of the Press’s local authors and get a jump on holiday shopping at the Ivy Book Shop’s JHU Press Night on November 11, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.  The event at the popular independent book store in north Baltimore is free and open to the public, and refreshments will be served. 

Outdoor_Sculpture_in_Baltimore More than a dozen JHU Press authors will be on hand to meet guests and sign books, including: Gil Sandler (Home Front Baltimore); Cindy Kelly (Outdoor Sculpture in Baltimore); Mike Gesker (The Orioles Encyclopedia); Charley Mitchell (Maryland Voices of the Civil War); Michael Olesker(The Colts’ Baltimore); Fraser Smith (Here Lies Jim Crow); Bryan MacKay (Baltimore Trails); Ed Papenfuse (Maryland State Archives Atlas of Historic Maps of Maryland); Frank Mondimore and Patrick Kelly (Borderline Personality Disorder); Sara and Jeff Palmer (When Your Spouse Has a Stroke); Dinah Miller, Annette Hanson, and Steve Daviss (Shrink Rap: Three Psychiatrists Explain Their Work).  

Ivy_Book_Shop_Logo
The Ivy Book Shop is located at 6080 Falls Road, in the Lake Falls Village shopping center at Falls Road and Lake Avenue in Baltimore. 

For more information, call The Ivy Book Shop at 410-377-2966. 

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm trying to see if maybe I can come to this. A few challenges - one is that Jason isn't going to want to do this on a Friday night, but he'll be home, so I can't abandon my new hubby. The second is traffic from Philly to Baltimore on a Friday night = less than ideal. ;) I txt'd my best friend who lives in Columbia to see if she has plans - maybe I can come down earlier in the day and she and I can go together. She works for the state doing environmental stuff - some of the book titles might interest her! If I can swing it, will let you know! :)

jesse said...

Definitely will be there (although a bit easier than from Philadelphia as it is only a few miles from our home). See you Friday. Hope others make it too (Carrie, I thought all the traffic on a Friday would be going away from Baltimore...).

Carrie said...

I can't make it - my best friend is remodeling her kitchen, and her dad is driving down from up here for the weekend, so she can't step out!!

Jesse, is that the case? On Fridays in Philadelphia, it is bidirectional mayhem. :) 99.9% of the time, I'm stuck in the "PLEASE get me out of here" traffic, but there are so many people going into the city for the evening, that going to is just as bad as coming from! It's been a long time since I worked night shift, but I think the night shifters have it the worst out of anyone in terms of trying to get to work for 7pm. I love my 6am drive up. Last Friday, my aunts were down at the hospital with me, and when we left, the one main road that takes people west out of the city was shut down completely, so we had to take I95 down and then cut over and head back north - it took 2 hours. They got from NYC to Philly in 2 hours. Haha So I just assume that traffic is bad anywhere near a large city.

Anyhow: APA + May + Philly = maybe I will finally get to meet you all. :)

jesse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jesse said...

Live from the Ivy Book Store with the three Shrink Rappers, psychiatrist Frank Mondimore with his book on Borderline Personality Disorder, and numerous other prominent Baltimore health professionals. Quite a gathering with talk about various subjects, such as Jeff and Sara Palmer with their book on When Your Spouse Has a Stroke. And this is a great bookstore with all sorts of fascinating books (those paper things that people used before Kindles)...

November 11, 2011

Carrie said...

Sounds like it was wonderful!! I'm sorry I couldn't be there! So, every time I read the title "When Your Spouse Has a Stroke", I'm reminded of a book, still on my bookshelf, that I keep meaning to read. It's called "My Stroke of Insight" by Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor, a neuroscientist who used her knowledge of the brain to help heal from her stroke. Have any of you read it? I keep meaning to! So many books on my list to read...yours included. :)